Problem: How can Evosus be used to automate shipping products such as Silk Balance or Silver Ion Cartridges to clients on a recurring basis?
Many clients are using Maintenance Contracts to automate their Auto-shipping process. Included below are instructions for setting this up; for the example we will use Silk Balance.
1. Setup a Service Category called Auto-Ship under Administration>Service & Delivery>General Setup>Task Categories
2. Setup a Service Type called "Silk Balance" under Administration>Service & Delivery>General Setup>Task Types
3. Setup a Contract Type called Auto-Ship: Silk Balance
Optional: As part of the setup, you may want to consider setting up a "Remember Me" Contract for Silk Balance so that salespeople can quickly create a contract with minimal setup required. To do this, simply create a "dummy" customer to use and set-up the contract as instructed below. On the profile tab of the contract, check the "Remember Me" box and when prompted name the Contract "Auto-Ship: Silk Balance."
Creating the Contract
Before creating the contract, check to ensure the customer has a default card on file so you will be able to auto-process payment for their auto-ship contract.
- In the customer's account, go to Contracts and click Add
- Select the Auto-Ship: Silk Balance Contract Type
- The contract name will default to: Auto-Ship: Silk Balance - Customer Name
- Click OK
- On the Profile tab of the contract select the Notify Employee. This is the person you want to be notified when 30 days before the contract will expire.
- On the Location Tab, make sure the Shipping address is correct for the customer
- On the Schedule Details tab:
- Select the Manager
- Choose the Auto-Ship: Silk balance Service Task Type
- Select a vehicle
- Leave time-frame as Anytime
- Leave priority as Regular
- Leave Route and Quadrant with the customer defaults
- Leave the time estimate as is
- On the Schedule tab of the contract, click Add
- Select the Start date. Note: Many clients choose to schedule all of their auto-ship programs for the first business day of the month but this is optional.
- Select the contract end date or choose the number of occurrences. If the customer agreed to a year of auto-ship for Silk balance, choose end after 3 occurrences since Silk balance should last them 4 months.
- Select the Monthly recurrence pattern option and in the recurs every "X" field, enter 4 and choose day or date.
- Select Unknown as the Tech if no specific tech is responsible for the Auto-shipping process
- Click Ok to save the schedule
- On the Order Defaults tab of the contract:
- Choose the Store who should get the revenue for the Silk balance sales
- Select the salesperson who should be attributed for the silk balance sales in the Primary Employee drop-down
- Override the stock site if necessary to the stock site that should be relieved of the Silk balance when it ships
- Leave the Create Invoice option as Invoice Per Month
- Select Sales Order in the Order Type drop-down
- Override the tax if necessary, otherwise leave as "Let Evosus Decide"
- Select Yes to create a task on the service calendar if you plan to print the packing slip, delivery slip and customer shipping labels from the Service & Delivery List View
- On the Order Items tab of the contract, enter the item code for Silk balance, enter the appropriate quantity and click Add Item
- You can skip Order Items and Order Instructions unless you'd prefer otherwise
- Skip Site Profiles
- Skip Mobile Notes
- Go to the Change Status tab of the contract
- Select Open-Active
- Go to the Schedule tab of the contract and click Process This Contract Now if the first shipment will be the following month. If the next shipment will be 4 months from today's date, you can skip this step as Evosus will auto-process this for you. Note: You can control how far out in the future Evosus will process contracts in your system parameters under Administration>System>Evosus Defaults>System Parameters>Maintenance Contracts
Preparing for Shipping
Assuming your Auto-ship programs are all scheduled for the first business day of the month, the person responsible for processing auto-shipments should go to the Service and Delivery Search Schedule-List View on the first business day of the month and perform the following actions. If the auto-ship will simply occur 4 months from the date they purchased the Silk Balance in-store, then you will need to implement a recurring process where the person responsible checks the schedule each day for the Silk Balance that needs to ship
- In the Type drop down choose Auto-Ship
- Click Print Docs
- Select the documents you want to print such as Orders, Packing Slips and Delivery Slips
- Optional: Return to the list view of the Service Calendar and mass highlight the customers you'd like to print address labels for
- Right Click and choose Print Labels and follow the screen prompts for printing labels
- Go to Administration>Maintenance Contracts>Search Contract Orders
- Filter by Contract Type: Auto-Ship:Silk Balance
- Mass highlight the orders by using your Ctrl-Shift or Ctrl-Alt keys
- Click Invoice (Auto)
- Go to Administration>Maintenance Contracts>Search Contract Invoices
- Filter by Contract Type: Auto-Ship:Silk Balance
- Mass highlight the invoices by using your Ctrl-Shift or Ctrl-Alt keys
- Click Auto Payment on File
- Leave the Payment Date as today's date
- Select the appropriate Cash Drawer
- Map Card Types to Payment Methods if necessary
- Follow the promptings on screen for processing the payments
- When ready to process, choose Preview Invoices Marked to Pay
- Click Charge Cards and Create Payments
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback