Step by Step:
Use the Pay Bills screen to pay outstanding vendor Invoices.
Step 1: Open the Pay Bills screen (Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Pay Bills).Step 2: Select the invoices to pay.
- If you select invoices for different vendors: If you select invoices from multiple vendors, the system will create a check for each vendor.
- If you select multiple invoices for a single vendor: All of the invoices are paid with a single check. If you need to print a separate check for each invoice, select one invoice and complete the process, and then repeat the process for each invoice.
- Double click on an invoice to view detailed invoice information.
- Click on a column heading to sort the bills by that column. For example, click on the Vendor column heading to sort the bills by vendor name in ascending or descending order.
- To Pay: As you select invoices, the To Pay field at the bottom of the screen displays the total amount of the selected invoices. This amount includes discounts and credits.Step 3: Apply discounts.
- Discount Used: The system automatically calculates the discount amount if you are paying the invoice before the Discount Date.
- To manually enter a discount amount, enter the discount in the Discount Used field.
- The system uses the payment method and the invoice date to calculate the Discount Date.Step 4: Apply credits.
- Credits Used - Highlight an invoice and the Vendor Credit Available section displays the credits available at the selected vendor.
- Manually apply a credit - Input the credit amount in the Credits Used field. The system applies credits from oldest to newest.
- Automatically apply a credit - Highlight an invoice and click Apply Credits. The Apply Credits screen appears, which displays all of the credits on the vendor account, and lets you select which credits you want to apply to the selected invoice.Step 5: (optional) Manually change the amount to pay.
- Manually enter the amount to pay in the Amount To Pay column. This amount automatically decreases as you add discounts/credits.Step 6: Payment Method - Select the payment method.
- Payment methods are created and maintained using the Pay Methods tab on the Accounting Setup screen (Administration > Accounting > General Setup > Payment Methods).
Step 7: Payment Account - Select the payment bank account. This bank account is credited when the invoices are paid.Step 8: Payment Date - Defaults to the current date, but you can select a different date if needed.
- This is the date that appears on the check, and the date the payment posts to the general ledger.
Step 9: Click Pay Bills when complete. The Confirm Bills to Pay screen appears, which displays a summary of the selected invoices.
Step 10: Verify the information is correct.Step 11: Click Confirm.
- The accounts payable account is debited, and the selected bank account is credited.Step 12: Go to Print Checks (Administration > Accounting > Banking > Print Checks) to print the checks.
- To view a list of all payments made for a specific point in time, go to Administration>Accounting>Accounts Payable>Search Vendor Payments.
Security Permissions Required
|Admin-Accounting||*Can Access Accounting Tree Branch|
|AP - Pay Bills|
|Pay Bills||Accounts Payable||Checking Account|
Checks are sent to the Print Checks queue. You can choose to print the checks or remove them from the list if you do not intend to print them.
- Accounts Payable Invoice Register (Administration>Reports>Accounting>Accounts Payable>Accounts Payable Invoice Register): View all AP invoices for a selected time period.
- Cash Requirements (Administration>Reports>Accounting>Accounts Payable>Cash Requirements): Detailed or Summary list of AP Invoices that are coming due and the cash required to pay them.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback