Use the Write Checks(Administration > Accounting > Banking > Write Checks) option to write a check when you are not issued an invoice
You can also this option to do the following:
- Prepay an invoice that you have not received yet
- Record a handwritten check, or a check that was written outside of Evosus Enterprise
Write a check
- Select the Write Checks option. The Payee Search screen appears.
- Go to Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Write Checks, or Administration > Accounting > Banking > Write Checks.
- Select the vendor and click Select Payee. The New Check screen appears with the selected vendor.
- Bank - Populates with the default bank account. Select a different account if necessary. The Default Bank Account is assigned in the Store setup under the Defaults tab.
Payee - Populates with the selected payee.
- Change Check Address - Change the address that displays on the check. This only impacts the check.
- Update Payee - Update the profile of the selected payee.
I am prepaying an invoice - Check this box if you are prepaying an invoice, or you expect to receive an invoice from the vendor.
- This creates a debit memo - A debit memo is created when you check the I am prepaying an invoice box. This records the vendor credit, which can be applied when the invoice is received.
- When this box is checked, the entire check amount is automatically distributed to the default Accounts Payable GL account. The default AP account is set up using the Accounting Defaults screen (Administration > Accounting > General Setup > Accounting Defaults).
- By default, this box is checked if invoices have been created for the selected payee in the past.
Print this check - Check this box to print the check using the application. Once the check is created, you can print the check using the Print Checks Queue screen.
- Do not check this box if you are recording a handwritten check, or you do not want to print the check.
- Date - By default, this is the current date.
- Amount - Enter the check amount.
Memo - Enter a memo if necessary.
- By default, this field will populate with the value in the Our Account Number field on the Vendor screen (Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Search Vendors > open a vendor> Options tab).
- Reference Number - This value prints on the check stub.
- Use the Accounts tab to distribute the check amount to a store/GL account, or job.
- You can enter negative numbers in the Amount field, but you cannot apply a negative amount to the Accounts Payable GL account.
- Click OK to save the check. Click Next Check to save the check and add another check. Click Print Check Now to save the check and immediately print the check.
- If you checked the Print this check box, you can print the check using the Print Checks Queue screen.
Security Permissions Required
||*Can Access Accounting Tree Branch
|BANK – Write Checks|
|BANK - Can Change Payee Information|
- Bank Register (Administration>Accounting>Banking>Bank Register) - View all Transactions affecting a bank account and whether they are cleared or not.
- Cash Payments Journal – Vendor (Administration>Reports>Accounting>Banking>Cash Payments Journal - Vendor) - Detail of all Vendor Payments for a specified date range.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback