Inventory is the collection of items you sell and purchase. Inventory items do not need to be physical items, but can consist of labor or miscellaneous charges such as mileage or disposal fees. Fields required for saving an inventory item will be marked below.
Add New Item
- Open the New Inventory Item screen. There are several ways to open this screen.
- Go to Administration > Inventory > Add Item.
- Go to Inventory > Add Item.
- Our Item Code (required) - Type in your company's Item Code.
- Description (required) - Enter a description of the item.
- Item Type (required) - This determines the journal entries that are created. Inventory items are also color coded by item type on the inventory tree.
- Stock (Green) – Stock items include items that are generally kept in stock. They are items you maintain quantities of and order on a regular basis. Stock items are also physical inventory items that are received into inventory and do not post to a COGS account until they are sold.
- Non-Stock (Blue) – Non-stock items are generally special order items that are ordered for a specific customer. These are not items you normally carry in stock. These items immediately hit COGS and are never posted to an inventory account. These items are not included in the Inventory Valuation Report calculations or Physical Count.
- Other Charges (Red) - Other Charges items are not physical inventory items, rather they are fees you charge customers. These might include disposal fees or mileage fees. Other Charge items will post to the account you specify at the Product Line level. Since Sales accounts can be selected at the Product Line and Sub Department level, it is recommended to either place the Other Charge items within their own Product Line or create a specific Sub Department within each necessary Product Line so that Sales Accounts can be associated properly.
- Labor (Gray) – Labor items are similar to Other Charges in that they are not physical items and you specify posting accounts at the Product Line level. Generally, you will set up a Product Line specifically for Labor or Service so that the default Sales – Service account will blanket each Labor item so that it posts to the that account; however, if a Labor item or group must be defaulted to a different account, it can be assigned at the Sub Department level.
- Product Line (required) - Determines where the inventory item will be placed in the inventory tree. Items can only be added to product line sub-departments, NOT Product Lines. Simply highlight the Product Line's sub department folder.
- Complete the vendor information
- Primary Vendor (required) - Select a vendor or click Add New Vendor to add a new vendor.
- Vendor Item Code (required) - Type in the item code or click Copy Item Code if you use the same item code as your vendor.
- Description (required) - Type in the vendor description if your description is different from the vendor.
- UPC - Type or scan in the UPC number.
- Complete the purchase and sell information.
- Price By - Select how you price the item. If you select Retail Margin, the Sell fields are disabled because the sell price is a calculated value.
- Sell - Enter the sell price, and then select the unit of measure. This is the price that you sell the items to customers. For example, if the item is $12 per case, enter $12 and select case.
- Purchase - Enter the purchase price of the item, and then select the unit of measure. This is the price that you the item from vendors. For example, if the item is $24 each, enter $24 and select each.
- Retail Margin - Only enabled when Retail Margin is selected in the Price By field. Enter the margin of the item. For example, if you want to sell the item with a 50% markup, enter 50 in this field. The sell price will automatically be calculated based on the purchase price.
- Click Save.
- Once the item is saved, a blue click-thru link will appear which allows you to access the item profile to make additional adjustments such as pricing levels, warranties, sales messages, item comments, additional vendors, etc.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration – Inventory||Item - Add|
- Item Dump (Administration > Reports > Inventory > Items > Item Dump) - Dump selected items to Excel.
- Item Overview (Administration > Reports > Inventory > Items > Item Overview) - Detailed Overview of a specific item including customers waiting, sales in last 10 days, and quantity on hand for all locations.
- Item Price List (Administration > Reports > Inventory > Items > Item Price List) - Prints a Price List for the selected Items.
- Print Item Tree (Administration > Reports> Inventory > Items > Print Item Tree) - Exports item tree breakdown to excel. Generally used for data conversion and inventory set-up.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback