How do you create bin locations at a stock site? For example, follow these instructions if you want to create bin locations at your warehouse.
Step 1: Open the Locations tab of the stock site
- Open the Stock Sites tab of the Administration - Inventory screen (Administration > Inventory > General Setup > Stock Site).
- Double click on the stock site where you want to create the bins. The Stock Site - Retail Store screen appears.
- Open the Locations tab.
- The Locations tab is used to create and maintain the bins in a stock site.
Step 2: Create the bins
Once you open the stock site, follow the steps below to create the bins.
- Click Add. The New Stock Site Location screen appears.
- Enter the bins. For example, enter A-1, A-2, A-3, etc.
- You can create as many bins as necessary, but you can only create ten bins at a time.
- Click OK when complete.
- Repeat these steps to create all of the necessary bins.
Step 3: Assign a bin to an inventory item
After setting up the bins, follow the steps below to assign a bin location to an inventory item.
- Open the inventory item (Inventory > Double click on an inventory item). The Item screen appears.
- Open the Stock Sites tab.
- Double click on the stock site with the new bins. The Item Stock Site screen appears.
- Select the bin in the Stock Site Location field.
- Click OK. This returns you to the Stock Sites tab of the Item screen.
- The bin that you just assigned to the inventory item now appears in the Location column.
- Repeat these steps to assign the bins to all of the inventory items.
Step 4: Complete
The inventory items are now assigned to the bins.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback