Receipt Printing in Terminal Server session freezes or receipt takes several minutes to print out.
Printing from inside a Microsoft Terminal Services Session has been a challenge ever since Microsoft started doing it - From ANY application.
There are known networking issues that can cause printing problems and there are issues specific to Evosus that can cause issues.
To combat this, we have a set of printers that we know will work with the Evosus software and a network design that works 100% of the time with over a thousand client printers.
Known ways to make Terminal Server Printing more reliable
- All TS users connecting over a hardware-to-hardware VPN
- 100% of the organizations printers connected via print server to a network port & installed by IP address on the Terminal Server.
- No Redirected printers - turn off Local Printer Redirection on the Terminal Server
- POS Users should have their Star receipt printer set as their default Windows printer \ Don't print Quotes\Invoices\Barcodes
- Back Office users should have a standard network laser printers (non-multi-function) set as their default printer
- Barcode printers are finicky and have a long list of Do's & Don'ts - Contact Support@evosus.com for help with Barcode printer setup.
If your tech company wants to explore network or hardware options other than our recommendations, we will be unable to assist in troubleshooting.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback