What do you do if you submit an RGA to a vendor and they issue a refund to your credit card? There is no feature that allows you to receive a credit card refund from a vendor against an RGA, but here is a workaround.
Step 1: Create an AP bill coded to the credit card liability GL
- Go to Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Enter Bill.
- In the Profile tab select vendor, enter invoice number (one you make up is fine) and enter the amount of the refund.
- Click Apply Accounts.
- Select the liability account associated with the credit card.
- Click Save.
- This credits you AP GL and debits your credit card liability GL.
Step 2: Create a debit memo to wash out the Credit posting to your AP GL.
- Go to Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Add Debit Memo.
- Select appropriate vendor.
- Enter memo number (one you make up is fine).
- Make sure Is for RGA box is checked.
- Enter amount of refund.
- Apply RGA to Debit Memo to close it.
- Go to Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Pay Bills.
- Pay bill created in Step 1: Create an AP bill coded to the credit card liability GL with Debit Memo.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback