Related Video Content:
Step by Step:
Use the Customer Payment on Account button in POS to quickly process customer payments for open orders, open invoices or layaways.
Once the customer is selected all open orders and invoices for the customer will be displayed in a list. You can choose one or all and enter the amount of payment received. All orders will be updated and any balances remaining will be displayed and printed.
1. Log into POS.
2. Click Customer Payment on Account.
3. Search for the customer making the payment and click Use Selected Customer.
4. Enter the payment amount in the Payment $ field.
- Click Pay In Full if the customer is paying their entire balance due. This will populate the Payment $ field and select all of the invoices in the lower portion of the screen.
5. Select a payment method.
- Check Number - You have to enter a check number if you select a check payment method.
6. Select a cash drawer.
- The Cash Drawer must be open in order to receive the payment.
- Cash drawers are set up on each store using the Cash Drawers tab on the Store screen (Administration > System > Stores > Select a store > Cash Drawers tab).
7. Apply the payment amount to the transactions.
- Payment automatically applied - The system automatically applies the payment to the transactions, starting with the oldest to newest invoice, and then finance charges, statement charges, and orders.
- Manual adjustments - Select the transactions to apply the payment to, and adjust the value in the AmtToPay field. The amount cannot exceed the AmtDue.
8. Apply AR discounts/finance fees.
9. Apply credits.
10. Apply deposits.
11. Print Payment Receipt - Check this box to print a 4” POS type receipt that includes all transactions the payment was applied against.
- The receipt opens after you click the Save Payment button. You can print or email the generated receipt.
12. Print Docs on Save - Print all related documents such as orders and invoices.
13. Remaining Balance Due - Displays the total of all transactions in the grid that remain unpaid.
14. Verify the Unapplied Amount is 0.
15. Click Save Payment to save the payment and print a receipt
Payment methods -
Payment methods are created and maintained using the Pay Methods tab on the Accounting Setup screen (Administration > Accounting > General Setup > Payment Methods).
AR Discounts/Finance Fees -
- AR discounts are discounts a customer receives for paying before the due date. For example, if the payment terms are 2%10/Net30, the customer receives a 2% discount if they pay within 10 days.
- There are two ways to apply discounts.
Option 1: Manually enter discount - Enter the discount amount in the AR Discount field. You can double click on a transaction to see the original payment terms.
Option 2: Apply discounts (Use this option to apply finance fees) - Highlight the transaction you want to apply the AR discount or finance fee to and click Apply Discounts. Enter the AR Discount and click Close.
- A finance fee is the amount kept by the financing company for processing the customer loan/lease. Enter the total check amount in the Payment field>Select the transaction to apply the finance fee to>Click Apply Discounts>Enter the AR Finance Fee>Click Close. The AR finance fee will post to the Finance Fee expense account selected on the Accounting Defaults screen (Administration > Accounting > General Setup > Accounts Receivable tab > Finance Fee (EXPENSE) field).
- Finance fees can only be applied to invoices, not orders.
- Credits can come from refunds, unapplied payments, or manual entry by your staff.
- Credit can be applied to invoices, statement charges, and finance charges.
- Credits cannot be applied to orders.
- There are two ways to apply credit.
Option 1: Manually enter credit - Enter the credit amount in the Credits field. The system will automatically apply credit memos to the transactions, starting with the oldest.
Option 2: Apply Credit button - Select a transaction to apply the credit to and click Apply Credit. All available credits and deposits display. Enter the amount to apply in the ApplyAmt field. Click Close when complete. The Credits column displays the applied credits.
Add a Credit Memo - Click Add Credit Memo to grant a customer credit.
Apply deposits -
- Generally, deposits are associated with a specific order and automatically applied to the subsequent invoice. But you can apply the deposit to a different transaction.
- Highlight the transaction you wish to apply the Deposit to>Click Apply Credit and locate the Deposit you wish to apply. (Note: Deposits are denoted with Deposit-Order while Credits are denoted with CRM). Enter the amount you wish to apply and click [Close].
- Important: Once you save the payment a message will appear saying “WARNING: Mismatched Deposit”. It is essentially saying the deposit was originally associated to one order and now you are removing it from that order and applying it to a different transaction. Are you sure you want to do this? Sometimes this message will appear if you enter an amount directly into the Credit column IF a deposit was next in line to be applied (on the [Apply Credit] screen. Say [No] to the message if you do not wish to apply the deposit.
Unapplied amounts -
- There should only be a value in the Unapplied Amount field if the customer overpaid or is not applying the money to any invoices.
- Verify the amounts entered in the AmtToPay column are correct. Generally, you want the AmtToPay column total (the Applied Amount) to match the Payment field.
- Customer overpaid. Apply the payment to the available transactions and the remaining Unapplied Amount automatically creates a credit memo. The credit memo can be refunded or used for future transactions.
- You do not wish to apply the payment to any transactions. Click Save Payment and a credit memo is created for the amount of the payment. The credit memo can be refunded or used for future transactions.
Security Permissions Required -
Proper permissions must be set before an employee is able to perform this action. To give an employee permissions go to Administration > System > Security > Security - Employee Level Permissions > Double click to select Employee > Check the box of the permission you would like to grant them access to.
|Payment – Open Order||Cash on Hand||Customer Deposits|
|Payment – Open Invoice||Cash on Hand||Accounts Receivable|
Related Reports -
- Cash Payments Journal – Customer (Administration>Reports>Accounting>Banking>Cash Payments Journal - Customer) - Detail of all Customer Payments for a specified Date Range.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback