A request is the specific reason a customer calls to schedule a request - for example, Service problems print on service orders and route sheets along with any additional text that is added to the Problem.
You can also associate a request with a time estimate so that the time is blocked out on the schedule. The time estimate for the request overrides the time associated with the service task type.
Requests and task types are not the same
Requests allows you to categories task types into specific problems, and describe how the issue is presenting itself.
Create a new request
- Open the Requests tab of the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Requests).
- Click Add. The New Service Request screen appears.
- Type in a short description of the request - for example, Pump Not Working.
- If you are going to create interview questions related to this request, add the text Interview to the description.
- Time To Fix - Input the estimated time in minutes.
- This time will override the time set up on the task type.
- (optional) Request Detail - Input any additional detailed information. This information will print below the selected problem on the Service Order or Route Sheet.
- Click OK to save.
- (optional) Update the Tech Skills Matrix. The new request is automatically added to every tech.
Import requests from spreadsheet
Use the Import From Spreadsheet button on the Requests tab on the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Requests) to quickly import the requests from an MS Excel spreadsheet. This will replace all of the existing requests.
MS Excel removes leading zeros because by default all cells are numeric data types - for example, 0001 becomes 1. This can be problematic when importing UPC codes, vendor codes, or any information where the leading zeros are important.
- Open the Requests tab on the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Requests).
- Click Import From Spreadsheet. The Spreadsheet Import screen appears.
- Click Make Spreadsheet Template and save the template to your machine. This creates a spreadsheet that contains the required columns.
- Input the description, minutes to complete, and a detailed description on the spreadsheet.
- Locate the spreadsheet that you just created in the Import Spreadsheet field.
- Click Import Spreadsheet.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration-Service & Delivery
||Can Access Service/Delivery Tree Branch
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback