Service techs are scheduled to perform service tasks. A service tech can be a single employee, or a group of employees (a crew). For example, if a crew of employees performs all deliveries, you can set up those employees as a single service tech named Delivery Crew.
If the the service tech is has a specific vehicle, set up that vehicle before creating the service tech.
Create a new service tech
- Open the Techs tab of the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Techs).
- Click Add. The Service Tech screen appears.
- Name - Input the name of the service tech (for example, John B.), or input the name of the group of employees (for example, Delivery Crew).
- Employees will use the Name field to select this service tech. This is what appears on the Search Schedule screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule - Summary by Tech).
- Phone - This is only used for reference.
- Default Location - This is the starting point used when the application maps the technician's daily schedule.
- Locations are created and maintained using the Locations tab on the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Locations).
- Default Vehicle - Select the vehicle associated with the tech.
- Vehicles are created and maintained using the Vehicles tab on the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Vehicles).
- Manager - Select the manager of the service tech.
- Set up managers to group and filter the service technicians. This is helpful if your service department is split into multiple divisions with separate managers of those divisions - for example, Service Manager, Delivery Manager, and Warehouse Manager.
- Managers are created and maintained using the Managers tab of the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Managers).
- Associated Employees - Select the employee record associated with this tech. This allows the employee to view their own service schedule.
- If the service tech is a crew of people (for example, Delivery Crew), select all of the employees that belong to the crew.
- An employee should only be assigned to one tech record. If you set up an employee as a tech and also add them to a crew, the employee could be double booked on the schedule.
- Work Hours and Days - Use this section to define when the tech is available.
- Select the days the tech is available.
- Enter a Start and End Time for each working day.
- Enter the length of the lunch break in minutes.
- Click OK to save the new technician.
- (optional)Update the Tech Skills Matrix. When a new tech is created, by default they will have every skill, quadrant, and request selected on the Tech Skills Matrix.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration-Service & Delivery
||Can Access Service/Delivery Tree Branch
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback