The Tech Skills Matrix is used to rank and classify each service tech. The tech skills matrix determines which techs are available to be scheduled for a task based on their skills, the quadrants they work in, and the requests they are capable of solving.
What do you need to know?
- The Tech Skills Matrix is an optional feature. If techs can be scheduled for any job, you can ignore this feature.
- The Tech Skills Matrix only applies when using the Search Schedule screen.
- By default, a new tech will have every skill, quadrant, and request selected. When you hire a new tech, be sure to update the Tech Skills Matrix.
- The Tech Skills Matrix does not prevent a user from manually selecting a tech when scheduling a task.
- For best results, use the Tech Skills Matrix in conjunction with schedule rules.
Step by Step:
Set up the Tech Skills Matrix
Step 1: Open the Tech Skills Matrix (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Tech Skills Matrix).Step 2: Click on a service tech in the menu. The Skills tab populates with a list of skills.
- Service techs are created and maintained in Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Techs.
- The skills that populate on the Skills tab are task types. Task types are created and maintained in Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Task Types.Step 3: Check the Tech Covers box next to each skill the tech can perform.
- Category: Categories are created and maintained using the Task Categories tab on the Administration - Service and Delivery screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Task Categories).
- Skill: This is actually a service task type. Task types are created and maintained using the Task Types tab (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Task Types).
Step 4: Open the Quadrants tab.Step 5: Select the quadrants the tech can work in.
- Quadrants are created and maintained using the Quadrants tab (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Quadrants).
Step 6: Open the Requests tab.Step 7: Select the requests the tech can complete.
- Check Does Not Apply if you have not created any requests, or the tech will not be available for any jobs.
Step 8: Click Close.
Step 9: (optional) Set up schedule rules. Schedule rules work in conjunction with the Tech Skills Matrix to improve smart scheduling.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration-Service & Delivery||Can Access Service/Delivery Tree Branch|
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback