Use customer attributes to collect pertinent customer data so you group or classify your customers - for example, marital status, profession, annual income, first-time buyer, etc.
Once these attributes are assigned to customer accounts, you can use them for the following:
- Filter Marketing Lists to facilitate the creation of mailing lists or marketing campaigns, or
- Search for the customers that meet a specific attribute. Just click Advanced on the Customer tab and select Customer Attribute Filters from the menu that appears.
Set up customer attributes
Follow the steps below to create the customer attributes. Once the attributes have been created, they can be added to customer accounts.
Once an attribute is used, it cannot be changed.
- Go to Administration > System > Miscellaneous > Customer Attribute Labels.
- Select an attribute.
- Click Update.
- Enter the name of the attribute.
- Click OK.
Add an attribute to a customer account
- Go to Customer tab > Open a customer > Open More Options tab > Open Attributes sub-tab.
- Click Update.
- Select an option in an attribute field. If you can't find the option you're looking for, enter it into the field. Be careful when typing the attribute in because once it is saved, it cannot be deleted.
- Click OK when complete.
Export a list of customers that have a specific customer attribute
- Open the Customer tab.
- Click Advanced and select Customer Attribute Filters from the menu that appears.
- Select the customer attributes that you want to use to generate your list. For example, select select age and annual income if those have been set up as customer attributes and assigned to customers.
- Click Search.
- Click the MS Excel icon in the bottom right hand corner of the Customer tab. All of the customers that match the selected customer attributes have been exported to an MS Excel spreadsheet.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback