A distribution method is how an order is fulfilled or delivered - for example, customer pickup, POS, We Deliver, UPS, Fedex, and USPS. This is how the customer receives the product.
- All orders must have a distribution method.
- The distribution method prints on quotes and sales & service quotes.
- You can set up a default distribution method for each store using the Defaults tab on the Store screen (Administration > System > Stores > Open a store > Defaults tab > Default Distribution Method fields).
- Distribution methods are also used to automate stock site selection using Store Stock Site Relationships, including tracking inventory on service vehicles. The distribution method can be used to determine where inventory will be pulled from.
Follow the steps below to create a new distribution method.
- Open the Distribution Methods tab of the Administration - Inventory screen (Administration > Inventory > General Setup > Distribution Methods).
- Click Add. The New Distribution Method screen appears.
- Input the new distribution method in the Name field. For example, Customer Pickup, POS, We Deliver, UPS, Fedex, or USPS.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback