The item class displays in a colored box next to each inventory item on the inventory tree, and it displays the popularity of an item using a letter grade (A-F).
How are item classes calculated?
Item classes are set up by product line, and you can modify the quantity ranges for each item class.
Item classes automatically update on the 15th and 30th of each month and are based on sales over the past 12 months. You can also manually force the item classes to be recalculated using Reclassify Items Batch Process screen (Administration>Inventory>Utilities>Reclassify Items Batch Process).
Why are item classes important?
- Item class can help employees assist a customer in making a purchase decision. For example, if a customer is trying to decide between two items, the employee can recommend the top selling product.
- Item class can help you identify slow moving items that should no longer be ordered.
- Item class can help you identify fast moving items that should be ordered frequently using reorder alerts.
Modify an item class
- Open the Item Class Update screen (Administration > Inventory > General Setup > Item Classes).
- Select a Product Line.
- Input the Begin Quantity and End Quantity.
- Click OK when complete to save your changes.
- (optional) Use the Reclassify Items Batch Process screen (Administration>Inventory>Utilities>Reclassify Items Batch Process) to manually recalculate the the item classes based on the new ranges.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback