Use the Ship To Address tab (Administration > Inventory > Vendor Purchase Orders > Select a search option > Open a purchase order) to select the receiving stock site of the purchase order or to setup drop shipping to a customer order or job. Drop shipping to a customer order or job receives inventory into the receiving stock site and immediately delivers the items on the order or job. Inventory receipts are recorded, but inventory is instantly removed from inventory.
Use the Receiving Stock Site drop down menu to select the receiving stock site for the purchase order. By default, the stock site is the default stock site for the logged in store OR the stock site selected when using reorder alerts. When changing the receiving stock site, Evosus will ask if you want to set the Ship To Address to the new stock site’s address. This is not required, but is recommended. The receiving stock site can be changed until the purchase order is closed. NOTE: Changing the receiving stock site after items have been received will cause subsequent items to be received into the new stock site. All previously received items will remain in the former stock site.
Update Ship To Address
Click Update to change the ship to address on the purchase order or to setup drop ship to a customer order or job.
Ship to Address
By default, the ship to address is the address of the receiving stock site; however, you can manually update the address as needed. Keep in mind that the receiving stock site will not change based on the address you enter. The receiving stock site is always selected via the Receiving Stock Site drop down and you will be prompted to change the Ship To Address to match the selected receiving stock site.
The company name defaults to the name of the parent store of the receiving stock site; however, a system parameter is available to change the default to the name of the receiving stock site.
Drop Ship Address
There are a few things to note when selecting Drop Ship on a purchase order.
- Drop shipping to a customer order or job receives inventory into the receiving stock site and immediately delivers the items on the order or job. Inventory receipts are recorded for the stock site on the purchase order, but then instantly marked as delivered on the originating transaction (customer order or job).
- Items on the purchase order must exactly match items on the order or job meaning the purchase order cannot have more items or more quantity of a single line item than the drop ship order or job. You will not be able to receive the purchase order unless items and quantities match the drop ship order or job.
- You cannot drop ship to more than one order or job on a single purchase order.
- DROP SHIP will display in the Ship To Address preview window along with the assigned job or customer name and job or order ID.
- The Ship To address header will change to Drop Ship on the printed purchase order when Drop Ship is selected.
By default, “Do Not Drop Ship” is selected and the name of the Receiving Stock Site is listed; however, you have the option to select “Drop Ship for Customer Order” or “Drop Ship for Job.”
Drop Ship for Customer Order
Select Drop Ship for Customer Order and use the search button to locate an existing customer. Highlight the customer and click Select Customer. A list of all open orders for the selected customer will be available in the Orders drop down. Select the appropriate order from the list. Notice the Ship To Address on the left will change to the Ship To Address on the selected customer order. This address will print in the Ship To section of the purchase order.
Drop Ship for Job
Select Drop Ship for Job and use the search button to locate an existing Job. Highlight the job and click Select. Notice the Ship To Address on the left will change to the Ship To Address on the selected Job. This address will print in the Ship To section of the purchase order.
Options menu (each option is security enforced):
Open Drop Ship Customer - View or update customer profile for drop ship customer (job or order).
Open Drop Ship Job – View or update drop ship job.
Open Drop Ship Order – View or update drop ship order.
System Parameter Options
||Purchase Order Company Name
||Dictates the company name that displays on the ship to address of the purchase order.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback