Use the Retail Price Change Utility to change the retail price or pricing method of an item. You may change the retail pricing method from Fixed to Margin. This utility allows you to filter by Vendor and Product Line or Product Line Department. All items that fit the selected criteria will be listed in a table that allows for global or individual changes by a percentage or fixed amount.
Adjust Retail Prices Tab
- Open the Retail Price Change Utility (Administration > Inventory > Pricing > Retail Price Change Utility).
- Select a Vendor from the pull down menu.
- Select All Product Lines or a Specific Product Line from the pull down menu; you may also select a specific Product Line Department by checking the box and selecting the specific department from the tree. For instance, if a vendor raised the prices of all their parts, you could filter by that vendor and your parts product line or sub-department. Thus, only the parts you wish to change would appear.
- Once all the filters are entered, click [Search] to create a list of all items that match the filter criteria.
- A list will appear including:
- Item Code
- Item Description
- Method (margin or fixed)
- Price (percentage or dollar amount)
- New Method (if you change the method, it is indicated here)
- New Price (percentage or dollar amount)
- Adjusted Percentage
- Sell Unit of Measure
- Update By Employee
- Update Date
Update Multiple Items
You may not update the fixed price across multiple items. You may only adjust the margin across multiple items. (You cannot change the pricing method from margin to fixed.
- Check off all the items you wish to update.
- Enter the new retail margin in the “Retail Margin field.
- Click [Save to Pending].
Update Individual Items
- Highlight or check the item you wish to update (the item only needs to be highlighted to update the price; it does not have to be checked).
- Enter the new retail margin in the “Retail Margin” field or type in the new price in the “Fixed Price” field.
- Click [(F3) Next] to proceed to the next item on the list or click [Save to Pending] to save your current changes. Helpful Hint: Once you have highlighted an item and changed the “Retail Margin” or “Fixed Price” you may continue by hitting enter to proceed to the next item on the list. Simply change the cost and click enter.
- Once you are finished updating costs, click [Save to Pending] and proceed to the Pending Changes tab or click [Next>].
- You may undo any changes that have been made prior to clicking [Save to Pending] by clicking [Undo Changes]. This will simply reverse any entries you have made so far.
Pending Changes Tab
- View all changes in the Pending Changes Tab.
- Click [Post Changes to Database] to update Evosus® with the new Retail Pricing.
- Click [Clear] to delete all changes from the Pending Changes Tab.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration – Inventory
||*Can Access Inventory Tree Branch
- Item Price List (Administration > Reports > Inventory > Items > Item Price List) - Print an Item Price list including Item Code, Description, Cost, and the quantity available.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback