Punch Card type timecards are used to manually punch in and out for the day. Punch employees can ONLY punch in and out for the current day. Punch In and Punch Out time is recorded to give the total hours worked per day. An employee cannot edit their own punch time.
The Punch Card consists of one or more Week tabs. Each Week tab is a different week in the Pay Period. If the Pay Schedule is Weekly, then the employee will see one Week tab at the top of the screen. If the Pay Schedule is Semi-Monthly, then the employee will see two Week tabs at the top of the screen. The Week tab will always default to the current week in the pay period. The employee can view time for past periods by clicking on the Week tab or using the Period pull down menu to move through entire periods.
With proper security, employees can allocate hours worked to specific Jobs or Workers' Compensation Categories (L&I). The approver also has access to allocating time to Jobs and Workers' Compensation Categories from the Approve Timecards screen.
- Go to Administration>Timecards>My Timecard. You can also punch in / punch out using the Employee tab on the main menu.
- Click the Punch In button to punch in for the day. This will punch you in for the current time.
- Click the Punch Out button to punch out for the day. This will punch you out for the current time.
- Right click a time entry and select Punch Out to punch out for the day. This will punch you out for the current time.
Entering Lunch Hours (Quick Punch Lunch)
The Quick Punch Lunch option is a quick, easy way to enter the time you (or an employee) was gone for lunch. The Punch Lunch option can only be used for the current day. An employee must have proper security to use the Punch Lunch option.
- Make sure you are punched in for the current day. NOTE: You can also enter Punch Lunch time after you have punched out for the day as long as you are still in the current day.
- Right click in a time entry and select Punch Lunch.
- Highlight the lunch starting time (this is the time you will be punched out for).
- Highlight the length of the lunch i.e. 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc (this determines when you are punched back in).
- Evosus will automatically punch you in and out for the lunch.
Submitting time is an optional process. Clicking Submit on the Punch Card screen either per day or per week will display the timecard as "Submitted" in the Approval screen. For the Approver, this signifies the timecard is completed and the employee is ready to be paid. An employee cannot edit time that has been submitted. Only an Approver can edit submitted time.
Simply click Submit to submit time.
Security Permissions Required
Employees must be setup as Timekeepers with a Punch Card timecard type in order to access the Punch Card. An employee with Edit/Approve All Timecards security also has the ability to view Punch Cards regardless of their Timekeeper settings.
|Administration - Timecards
||Timecard - Can Track Time
- Timecard Report (Administration>Timecards>Timecards Report) - Report on the hours worked by employee. Report also includes optional pay rate information.
- Employee Job Summary (Administration>Timecards>Employee Job Summary) - Report on hours allocated to specific Jobs. Report also includes optional pay rate information.
- Workers' Compensation Summary (Administration>Timecards>Workers' Compensation Summary) - Report on hours allocated to specific Workers' Compensation Categories. Report also includes optional pay rate information.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback