Weekly type timecards are used to manually enter hours worked per day. The employee does not punch in or out at a specific time, but rather enters the total hours worked per day. The Weekly timekeeper also has the option of selecting the Pay Type to use when entering hours. This gives the timekeeper freedom to enter Overtime, Vacation, etc. The approver will be able to view these entries and override them if necessary.
The Weekly timecard consists of one or more Week tabs. Each Week tab is a different week in the Pay Period. If the Pay Schedule is Weekly, then the employee will see one Week tab at the top of the screen. If the Pay Schedule is Semi-Monthly, then the employee will see two Week tabs at the top of the screen. The Week tab will always default to the current week in the pay period. The employee can view time for past periods by clicking on the Week tab or using the Period pull down menu to move through entire periods.
With proper security, employees can allocate hours worked to specific Jobs or Workers' Compensation Categories (L&I). The approver also has access to allocating time to Jobs and Workers' Compensation Categories from the Approve Timecards screen.
A Weekly timekeeper has flexibility in selecting Pay Types and entering hours worked per day.
- Go to Administration>Timecards>My Timecard.
- Regular Hours will default as the Pay Type in the grid. If this is not the correct Pay Type, select a Pay Type from the Pay Type pull down and click [Add].
- Enter total hours worked per day in the appropriate fields
Absences can be applied by timekeeper's via their Weekly Timecard. If an absence is available to apply a blue "Apply Absences" link will appear in the lower right corner of the screen. Holidays are scheduled from the Company Holidays option on the System tree branch.
- Click the Apply Absences link.
- Select the Absence to apply.
- Evosus will automatically enter the appropriate time and Pay Type to the timecard. Note: If the Absence says "Absence Taken" then the absence was already applied to the timecard for the timekeeper and you probably don't want to apply the absence again.
Company Paid Holidays can be applied by timekeeper's via their Weekly Timecard. If a Holiday is available to apply a blue "Apply Holiday" link will appear in the lower right corner of the screen. Holidays are scheduled from the Time Off tab of the Employee Profile.
- Click the Apply Holiday link.
- Select the Holiday to apply.
- In the screen that appears, select a Pay Type.
- Enter the hours to apply for the Holiday.
- Click [OK].
Submitting time is an optional process. Clicking Submit on the Weekly timecard screen either per day or per week will display the timecard as "Submitted" in the Approval screen. For the Approver, this signifies the timecard is completed and the employee is ready to be paid. An employee cannot edit time that has been submitted. Only an Approver can edit submitted time.
Simply click Submit to submit time.
Security Permissions Required
Employees must be setup as Timekeepers with a Weekly timecard type in order to access the Weekly timecard. An employee with Edit/Approve All Timecards security also has the ability to view Weekly timecards regardless of their Timekeeper settings.
|Administration - Timecards
||Timecard - Can Track Time
- Timecard Report (Administration>Timecards>Timecards Report) - Report on the hours worked by employee. Report also includes optional pay rate information.
- Employee Job Summary (Administration>Timecards>Employee Job Summary) - Report on hours allocated to specific Jobs. Report also includes optional pay rate information.
- Workers' Compensation Summary (Administration>Timecards>Workers' Compensation Summary) - Report on hours allocated to specific Workers' Compensation Categories. Report also includes optional pay rate information.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback