Use the System Parameters screen to configure the system parameters in the application (Administration > System > Evosus Defaults > System Parameters > System).
- Default Country - This will be the default country that each address automatically starts with. Use the two character abbreviation. Example, "US" for the United States and "CA" for Canada.
- Store Name to Print - This is the Store Name that prints on Quotes, Orders, POS receipts, Mailing Labels and Reports. This is helpful if you have many different locations and have named them differently when you created the stores/departments. Here is where you can put the overall company name that will be used. Leave Blank to use the Store Name that people Log into.
- Working Directory - (DO NOT CHANGE this parameter unless instructed to do so by Evosus® Support) This is the working directory on the hard drive where Evosus® writes temporary printing files for functionality such as the Emailing of reports.
- Time Card Erase Feature - Enter the number of seconds that you want the Time Card Punch Erase button to be active after an employee punches in or out. The Erase Button lets employees remove their own punch in case they make a mistake.
- Search Alternate Names of Customers - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to allow Evosus® to search for alternate customer names when performing a customer search. Enter No to search for only primary customer names.
- MapPoint Software - Enter Yes or No. Indicate whether or not you will integrate with Microsoft MapPoint Mapping Software.
- Label Paper Size code - Enter Page Size of your Label Printer labels. Enter the Paper Size Number that is needed by your label printer. Example, use 271 for 2.4 x 1 inch label stock for the Cognitive printer. Call Evosus® Support for more help with this parameter.
- Evosus Share UNC Path - Enter the UNC Path to the Evosus Share Folder. This is the Share Folder Evosus® will use when saving documents related to Evosus® (such as Docs/Pics).
- Import/Export Spreadsheet Application - Enter Excel or OpenOffice. This indicates which spreadsheet application you will use when exporting spreadsheet reports and lists out of Evosus®.
- Default MapPoint geoCountry - Enter geoCountryUnitedStates or geoCountryCanada. This indicates which country will contain majority of the addresses in your customer database.
- Use Outlook Add-In Type Integration - Enter Yes to use the MS Outlook Add-In. MS Outlook and the MS Outlook Add-In must be installed on every workstation using the email feature. If you enter No, the application will create the emails in MS Outlook using MAPI. This is how the integration worked in all release 6.6.135 and below.
Check for Outlook Integration on Startup - Enter Yes to check for the MS Outlook integration when the application starts. This option is on the System tab of the System Parameters screen (Administration > System > Evosus Defaults > System, Parameters > System tab).
- Months Separating Duplicate Interests - Enter the number of months that have to elapse before a duplicate Customer Interest can be entered by a sales person. Example, Bob Inquires about a Spa on 1/1/2002 and then goes thru the Pre-Sale marketing campaign, but does not purchase. He then inquires again about a spa on 9/1/2002. In this example, if you set this parameter to less than 9 months the sales person would be able to create a new Spa Interest and start this customer on the Spa Pre-Sale Marketing Campaign again. There is one other system rule at work here. Before entering a duplicate Customer Interest, the Pre-Sale Marketing or Pre-Sale Follow-up campaigns for the original Inquiry will have to be fully completed.
- Force Contact Type Selection - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to force the user to select a Customer Interest Contact Type (Add New Interest and Add New Customer screens). Enter No to default to Face to Face.
- Serial Number Entry - Model: Enter Yes or No. Default the Model to the Item Description field when adding a new serial number.
- Serial Number Entry – Year: Enter Yes or No. Default the year to the Current Year when adding a new serial number.
- Physical Count Sort: Enter 1 or 2 - 1 to sort Physical Count Report by Item Code or 2 to Sort Physical Count Report by Item Description.
- Use Item Code As UPC - Enter Yes or No. Enter YES if you want Evosus® to default the UPC to the in-house Item Code when adding a new item to the inventory tree. This happens only if you do not explicitly type in the real UPC.
- Auto Close Purchase Order - Enter the number of days you want Evosus® to wait before automatically closing Purchases Orders with Full-Receipt Status. Enter -1 if you never want Evosus® to auto-close Purchase Orders.
- Auto Close Return Goods Authorization - Enter the number of days you want Evosus® to wait before automatically closing Return Goods Authorizations with Full-Receipt Status. Enter -1 if you never want Evosus® to auto-close Purchase Orders.
- Barcode Prints To - Enter LABEL PRINTER or LABEL AVERY. Enter whether you will print to a label printer with a continuous stream of labels or use Avery 5160 Label sheets.
- Receiving - Auto Assign Serial Numbers - Enter Yes if you want Evosus® to auto assign serial numbers to customers associated on a Purchase Orders. Evosus® will prompt you to confirm this action when receiving the serial number.
- Print Stock Transfer Receipts - Enter Yes if by default you want to print a receipt for stock transfers.
Inventory Tree Item Sort - Select how the items are sorted on the inventory tree.
- 1 - Sort the items by item description
- 2 - Sort the items by item code.
- 3 - Sort the items by item class (A-F). The most popular items appear at the top.
Purchase Order Company Name - Select what is used as the default ship to
- 1 - Default the ship to company to your company name.
- 2 - Default the ship to company name to your store name.
- 3 - Default the ship to company name to your stock site name.
- Physical Count Expire Days - Enter the number of days (1-60) from the start date that the physical count expires and cannot be posted.
- Item Docs/Pics default folder(s) - You can enter multiple folder names. This folder is automatically shown on the Item Doc/Pics screen.
Order and Invoices Tab
- Quote Expiration Days - Enter the default number of days that a new quote expires in from date of creation.
- Print Item Codes on Quotes - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Print the Item Codes on Sales Orders. Enter No to just print the Item Description.
- Print Item Codes on Sales Orders - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Print the Item Codes on Sales Orders. Enter No to just print the Item Description.
- Print Item Codes on Service Orders - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Print the Item Codes on Service. Enter No to just print the Item Description.
- Enable Freight Field on Sales/Service - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to allow entry of freight in the upper right corner on the sales/service orders. Enter No to disable this field and force the selection of a specific line item that identifies freight.
- Notify of Back Ordered Items - Enter the Number of Days. Enter the numbers days between notices that Evosus® should send. The days are based off the Invoice Date of an Order. If there are items on the invoice that are waiting delivery, the primary salesperson will be notified of back ordered items via an action item.
- On Quote – Print Line Separators - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to print line separators on the printed document. Enter No to not print line separators.
- On Order – Print Line Separators - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to print line separators on the printed document. Enter No to not print line separators.
- You Saved Dollar Amount Text - Enter the percentage that the savings has to be greater than compared to the total to display the "You Saved" dollar amount. This applies to Quotes, Sales and Service.
- On Quote – Print Retail Unit Price - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Retail Unit Price on Quotes next to the extended unit price.
- On Sale – Print Retail Unit Price - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Retail Unit Price on Sales next to the extended unit price.
- On Service – Print Retail Unit Price - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to print Retail Unit Price on Service Invoice next to the extended unit price.
- Printed Retail Price column Head - Enter Retail Price Column Name. Enter the Retail Unit Price Column Name. Suggestions: List Price, Retail, MSRP...
- Big Sale Dollar Amount - Enter a dollar amount or enter 0 for no Notification to be sent out. Evosus® sends a notification (Action Item) whenever an order is created over the amount entered here.
- Prompt to Add Deposit on Add - Enter Yes to prompt the user to add a deposit if they are saving a new order without making one. Enter No for no prompting.
- Prompt to Add Delivery/Schedule Task on Add - Enter Yes to prompt the user to add a service/delivery task if they are saving a new order without one. Enter No for no prompting.
- Prefix Invoice Numbers - Enter Yes to prefix Invoice Numbers with "POS" (Point of Sale), "SAL" (Sales), "SER" (Service), "RET" (Return).
- Prompt to Make Payment After Deliver Items - Prompt the user to Make a Payment after they have marked items as delivered.
- Default to Deliver Items During Invoicing Process - Enter Yes to have the "Mark Items as Delivered" box default to checked when invoicing orders.
- Print Vendor Item Code - Packing Slip - Enter Yes to print Vendor Item Code on the Packing Slip. Enter No to print your internal item code.
- Print Vendor Item Code - Delivery Slip - Enter Yes to print Vendor Item Code on the Delivery Slip. Enter No to print your internal item code.
- Referral Credit - Auto Create Credit Memo - Enter Yes to have Evosus automatically create a credit memo when a referring customer is associated to an invoice.
- Referral Credit - Credit Memo Amount - Enter the amount of the credit memo to be issued on Referral Credits.
- Referral Credit - Invoice Must be Greater Than - Enter the amount that the invoice must be greater than in order to generate a referral credit.
- Quote Auto Expire Grace Period Days - Enter the number of grace period days past the quote expiration date that Evosus will wait before auto expiring a quote.
- Show Sales Promotion Text on customer receipts - Enter Yes to include the sales promotion text on customer receipts. Sales promotion text is entered using the Notes field when creating a new sales promotion using the Sales Promotion screen (Administration > Sales > Sales Promotion > Add Sales Promotion).
Negative Inventory - Use Default Vendor Cost - Enter Yes to use the current default vendor cost instead of $0.00 when items are invoiced with negative quantity on hand. The default cost will serve as a placeholder cost on sales reports until the real unit cost is recorded.
- This parameter is only triggered during invoicing when a quantity adjustment is made. When an invoice transacts a negative quantity item, the purchase cost is placed on the item so reporting will show a relative cost/profit for the line item. When the negative quantity is resolved, the cost on the line item is updated to the real cost, overwriting the placeholder cost.
- Quotes Print On Close, Sales Orders Print On Close, Service Orders Print On Close - Enter No if the document should not print on close. When No is entered, by default the Print on Close box is not checked.
- SMTP Server - Enter the Name or IP Address of your Email Server.
- POP3 Server - Enter the Name or IP Address of your POP3 Server.
- Require SMTP Login - Enter Yes or No. Does your SMTP Server require a login?
- Require POP3 Login - Enter Yes or No. Does your POP3 Server require a login?
- SMTP User ID - If SMTP Server requires login, enter the SMTP Server User ID.
- SMTP Password - If SMTP Server requires login, enter the SMTP Server Password.
- Use POP3 Server - Enter Yes or No. Enter whether or not you use a POP3 Server.
- Create Email As Format - Defines the format of the email that is created.
Days to delay auto posting - Enter the number of days the system should wait before automatically posting a transaction to the General Ledger. For example, enter 30 if the system should wait 30 days after the transaction is complete before posting it to the General Ledger. This means posting occurs every day, but only transactions created 30 days ago are posted.
- Once transactions are posted to the GL, they cannot be modified.
- NO - Type NO if you do not want the system to automatically post transactions to the General Ledger. This means you have to manually post to the General Ledger at least once a month.
- You can manually initiate posting to the General Ledger using the Posting screen (Administration > Accounting > Accounting Desk > Initiate Posting Process).
Point Of Sale Tab
- POS Auto Screen Lock - Enter the Number of Minutes Point-Of-Sale waits during periods of inactivity before it Locks the Screen. Enter 0 for "Never Locks". When the Point-Of-Sale screen locks itself, the current transaction, if any, will be canceled and the Point-Of-Sale Login screen will be shown.
- Receipt Prints To - Enter 1 or 2. Enter 1 to have the Receipt print screen. You will need to click [Print] for every receipt. Enter 2 to send the receipt directly to the printer.
- Verify Customer Contact Information - Enter number of Months (0 - 12). This indicates the number of months Evosus® will wait before performing an address/email verification for a customer. The verification screen will appear after a customer is selected in POS which allows the employee to update contact information. Enter 0 to verify customer information at every transaction.
- Receipt Type - Enter 1 or 2: Enter (1) to to print to a Receipt type printer. Enter (2) to print a Full page (letter 8.5 x 11) receipt.
- Allow the Billing of Customers at a Later date - Enter YES to enable the feature where a customer can be billed at a later date for a POS Transaction. The POS transaction is created as an Open Invoice with a Balance Due, and it will appear on the Accounts Receivable Aging Report.
- Before you can use this feature, you also have to check the Can Bill Me Later in POS box and enter the POS Credit Limit on each customer using the Options tab of the Customer screen (Customer > Open a customer > Options tab).
- If you enter NO in this field, the Can Bill Me Later in POS box and POS Credit Limit field still display on the Options tab of the Customer screen, but the Bill Customer At a Later Date box does not appear in POS. This means users cannot use the feature in POS.
- Commission Employee Functionality - Enter YES if you want to turn on the functionality where you can select commissionable employee for POS transactions. Enter NO if you do not want this functionality to appear.
- Dot Matrix receipt Printers - Enter YES if you use Dot Matrix Receipt Printers. Enter NO if you do not use Dot Matrix Receipt Printers.
- Bill Me Later Receipt Type - Enter 1 (Receipt) or 2 (Full Page). Enter 1 for to print a regular receipt printer type receipt or enter 2 to print a full page invoice to the screen where it can be email or directed to a laser printer.
- Bill Me Later Receipt Type Copies - Enter the default number of copies to print for a Bill Me Later receipt type.
- Number of Receipt Copies - Enter the number of copies of a POS receipt you would like to print at every POS transaction.
- Print Account Credit on Receipts - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes if you would like Evosus® to print available customer account credit on receipts and orders.
- Schedule Week View Default - Enter 1 or 2. Enter 1 to default the Service and Delivery week view schedule (calendar format) to a 5 day work week (Mon – Fri). Enter 2 to default the Service and Delivery week view schedule (calendar format) to a 7 day work week (Sun – Sat).
- Print Item Codes on Service Orders - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Print the Item Codes on Service Orders. Enter No to just print the Item Description.
- Print Warranty Column on Service Orders - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Print the Warranty Column on the Service Order. Enter No to hide this column.
- Print Warranty Column on Service Invoices - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to Print the Warranty Column on the Service Invoice. Enter No to hide this column.
- Show colors on the Service Schedule List View - Enter No to remove the color coding from the Search Schedule - (Day List, Week List, Month) screens. This can also improve the performance of the Search Schedule - (Day List, Week List, Month) screens.
- Excel Version - Enter 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8. Indicates the Excel version being used.
- Print Logging - DO NO Change this unless instructed to do so by Evosus® Support.
- Barcode Label Printer Orientation - DO NO Change this unless instructed to do so by Evosus® Support.
- Barcode Label Printer Top Margin - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the top margin on labels. 1440 = 1 inch.
- Barcode Label Printer Bottom Margin - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the bottom margin on labels. 1440 = 1 inch.
- Barcode Label Printer Left Margin - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the left margin on labels. 1440 = 1 inch.
- Barcode Label Printer Right Margin - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the right margin on labels. 1440 = 1 inch.
- Barcode Label Printer Column Spacing - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the columns on labels. 1440 = 1 inch.
- Barcode Style - DO NO Change this unless instructed to do so by Evosus® Support.
- Enable Paper Size Warnings - Enter Yes or No. Enter Yes to warn the user when the paper size is too big for the selected printer.
- Statement Customer Address - Top Offset - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the top offset for customer addresses on Customer Statements. 1440 = 1 inch. This may need to be changed to have the address fit properly in envelopes.
- Statement Customer Address - Left Offset - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the left offset for customer addresses on Customer Statements. 1440 = 1 inch. This may need to be changed to have the address fit properly in envelopes.
- Statement Company Address - Top Offset - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the top offset for company addresses on Customer Statements. 1440 = 1 inch. This may need to be changed to have the address fit properly in envelopes.
- Statement Company Address - Left Offset - Enter a number. Enter the spacing for the left offset for company addresses on Customer Statements. 1440 = 1 inch. This may need to be changed to have the address fit properly in envelopes.
- Auto Mark For POS Bill Me Later - Enter Yes or No. Enter YES if you want Evosus® to automatically make new customers available for POS Bill Me Later functionality. Enter No if you do not use this functionality or you want to manually decide who is available for POS Bill Me Later functionality. POS Bill Me Later can be manually changed through the Customer Profile.
- Auto Grant Customer Credit Amount - Enter the maximum default Dollar amount available to customers for use with the POS Bill Me Later functionality. Customers will not be able to purchase product totaling over the default maximum dollar amount unless specified within the Customer Profile.
Evosus Card Services Tab
- Number of Copies of Receipt - Enter a number. This indicates the number of copies of credit card receipts you would like to print. 1st Receipt = Merchant Copy. 2nd Receipt = Customer Copy. Additional Receipts = Extra Copy.
Use Evosus® Card Services - Enter Yes to use Evosus Card Services.
- Be careful! - When this parameter is changed from Yes to No, all relationships between stores or cash drawers, and merchant accounts are erased.
- Print Merchant Receipt on PIN Debit Transactions - Enter Yes if a merchant receipt should print on PIN debit transactions.
- Purge Sensitive Cardholder Data - The value in this field determines what data is purged when you click the Purge Cardholder Data button on the Secure Card Data/Encryption Key Maintenance screen (Administration > Evosus Card Services > General Setup > Secure Card Data/Encryption Key Maintenance).
Maintenance Contracts Tab
- Contract Batch Run Day - Enter a number. This is the day of the month you want Evosus to auto-create all new maintenance contract orders. The default is day 20. This means Evosus will auto-create all maintenance contract orders for the following month on the 20th day of the current month.
Industry Integrations Tab
- ONTRAC License Override - This field is for Evosus internal use only.
- Deliver Items During Sync - Set this parameter to Yes if when the mobile device syncs and sends items to be added to service and sales orders, those items are marked as Delivered.
- Transfer Pictures over WIFI only - Set this parameter to Yes if pictures should only be transferred when the device is using WIFI instead of data.
- Sync Customer ID to Mobile Devices - Set this parameter to Yes if the customer ID should be synced to mobile devices.
- Include blackout dates on Evosus Mobile schedule - Set this parameter to Yes if blackout dates should be included on the service schedule that appears in Evosus Mobile.
- Management Dashboard Data Date Range to Display - This parameter determines the date range of the data included in the dashboard.
- 1 - Year to date in the current year versus year to date in the last year.
- 2 - Period over Period - Past 180 days versus previous 180 days (6 months)
- 3 - Period over Period - Past 90 days versus previous 90 days ( 3 months)
- 4 - Period over Period - Past 30 days versus previous 30 days (1 month)
- 5 - Year over Year - Past 180 days in the current year versus the same 180 days in the previous year.
Security Permissions Required
||*Can Access System Tree Branch
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback