Create new vendors so you can create Purchase Orders, Return Goods Authorizations, Debit Memos, Vendor Invoices, Pay, Pay Bills and Write Checks. Once a new vendor has been added with basic information such as name, address and contact information, other information is tracked within their Vendor Profile such as Credits, Invoices, RGAs and more.
Add New Vendor
- Go to Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Search Vendors.
- Enter Vendor Name. Required.
- Enter Vendor Address, City, State, and Post Code. The country is defaulted based on your logged in store.
- Enter Vendor Web Site. This is important for inventory vendors since the website will be available via the Web link on the main Inventory Tab.
- Select Payment Terms from pull down menu. This is the default payment terms for this vendor. This information will default on all invoices created for this vendor; however, payment terms can be changed on each invoice.
- Enter the Federal ID number for vendor.
- Enter your Account Number. If your company has a specific account number with this vendor enter the number in this field. This account number will automatically print in the memo field of printed checks.
- Enter the Credit Limit you have with this vendor.
- Check "1099 Vendor" if a 1099 Form must be issued to this vendor. A 1099 must be issued to unincorporated contract vendors who receive fees in excess of $600.
- Enter the Lead Time in days for this vendor. Lead Time is the amount of time it generally takes to receive goods once a Purchase Order is issued. The expected date on Purchase Orders is defaulted based on the Lead Time entered in the Vendor Profile. The system default is 14 days.
- Enter contact information for the primary contact at this vendor. Enter Name, Position, Email Address, Phone Type and Phone Number. More contacts can be added once you save the vendor.
- Enter the Print As name you wish to use on Checks. This name may different from the Vendor Name.
- Vendor Class - You can use vendor classes vendor classes to filter vendor related reports such as the Accounts Payable Invoice Register.
- Select the Default Account that will be used when paying bills to this vendor. This is the general ledger account an invoice will post to once it is created and paid. Note: This does not apply to Inventory invoices.
- Enter the Exemption Number for this vendor. This is used for tax purposes.
- Select a default Tax to be used on vendor Purchase Orders.
- Check "Is this Vendor Also a Manufacturer" if the vendor you are entering is also a manufacturer. A manufacturer will automatically be created in Evosus®.
- Check "Print Customer Names on Purchase Orders when applicable" if you would like associated customer names to print on a Purchase Order for this vendor. If this box is not checked the customers and their names will not appear on the printed Purchase Order.
- Click OK to save the new vendor.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback