Create a sales promotion to set the pricing of one or more items for a specific period of time. The discount will automatically be taken off the order during the promotion time frame. The promotion selling price will automatically be used unless the item is in a kit (the kit pricing overrides an individual item discount price) or if the customer has a Customer Specific Price (if a sales promotion and customer specific pricing is available, the lowest price will be used). Sales promotions can also be defined for one or more stores.
Step by Step:
Step 1: Open the Sales Promotion screen (Administration > Sales > Sales Promotions > Add Sales Promotion).
Step 2: Input the Name of the sales promotion, for example, Spring Sale 2017.
Step 3: Input the Description of the sales promotion.
Step 4: Select the Effective Date from the calendar or type in a date. This is the date the promotion will actually begin. On this date, Evosus® will automatically discount items included in the Sales Promotion.
Step 5: Select the Effective Time. This is the time of day the promotion will actually begin. The discount will not be taken by Evosus® until the exact time specified.
Step 6: Select the Expiration Date from the calendar or type in a date. This is the date the promotion will end. On this date, Evosus® will automatically stop discounting items included in the Sales Promotion.
Step 7: Select the Expiration Time. This is the time of day the promotion will actually end. The discount will discontinue at the time specified.
Step 8: Check off the store(s) the Sales Promotion applies too. If a store is not selected, the discount will not be seen when logged into that store and discounts will not be taken off orders.
Step 9: Enter any notes specific to the Sales Promotion. These notes will not be viewable from anywhere but the Sales Promotion screen.
Step 10: Click Save and Add Pricing.
- Inventory Item: Select an inventory by entering a part number or browse inventory and select the item you wish to discount. Proceed to Step 10.
- Product Line Sub Department: Select a specific sub department from a product line. Click the [+] to browse through Product Lines. Highlight the Sub Department you wish to discount and click Select. Check the "Cascade to Sub-Departments" box if you would like the discount to apply to any Sub Departments below the selected Sub Department.
- Product Line: Select a Product Line from the pull down menu. Selecting a Product Line discounts every item in the Product Line including any items in Sub Departments.Step 12: Select a Pricing Method to create the discount for the above selected items:
- Fixed price: Enter the fixed amount you want to charge for the selected items. When an item is added to an order Evosus® will charge a flat discount amount for the item.
- Cash Off: Enter the dollar amount you would like discounted for the selected items. For example, if $5.00 is entered, Evosus® will discount $5.00 from each item selected.
- Percent mark down: Enter the percent to discount whenever this item is added to an order.
- Percent mark up: Enter the percent to mark the item up by whenever the item is added to an order.
- Get free quantity: Enter the number of items a customer must purchase at a specific price level (1 – 10) to receive a certain amount of product for free. Enter the number the customer will receive for free and enter the limit of free items.
- Get Discount Quantity: Enter the number of items a customer must purchase at a specific price level (1 – 10) to receive a certain amount of product at a discount. Enter the quantity the customer will receive at a discounted rate and the pricing level the customer will receive for that discount (1 – 10). Enter the limit of discounted items.
Step 13: Click OK.
Step 14: Repeat Steps 10 – 12 until all discounts have been entered.
Step 15: Click OK.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration-Sales||*Can Access Sales Tree Branch|
Sales Promotions will appear on the Employee Tab for employees to view upcoming, current and past sales promotions.
- Promotion Analysis (Administration > Reports > Sales > Promotions > Promotion Analysis): Analyze the success/response to a sales promotion. All Items that were connected with the promotion will be displayed for analysis.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback