Solution: Evosus will not allow you to cancel the job due to possibly open job bills as well as cost log records existing. In this scenario you will need to do the following:
- Cancel any open/unpaid Job Bills from within the Job (Job > Billing > Select Bill > Option > Void)
- Create a negative change order to remove the contract bid amount. (Job > Change Orders > Add > Enter Phase, negative amount > Status = Executed.
- Recognize Revenue (Job > Revenue > Add > Check Final Revenue Recognition Box > Save.)
- Change Status > Close Job - Completed.
- I recommend to run a Pre-Posting Report to see how it affected the GL so you can create reversing journal entries (Administration > Accounting > Accounting Desk > Initiate Posting Process > Select Job Journal > Keep Pre-Posting Box checked > Post).
- To create your reversing journal entries go to: Administration > Accounting > Banking > General Journal Entry > Add Journal Entry to create a reversing entry of the posting job posting.
If a message displays that you cannot close the job due to unrecognized cost please do the following:
- You may first need to create a change order to increase the contract amount to $0.01
- Create a new Job Bill for $0.01.
- Recognize Revenue.
- Void the Job Bill.
- Create a Change Order of -$0.01.
- You should be able to close the Job.
- You will want to run a pre-positing report to see how it affected the General Ledger so you can create reversing Journal Entries (Administration > Accounting > Banking > General Journal Entry > Add Journal Entry to create a reversing entry of the posting job posting).
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.