Follow the steps below to install the required certificate files, and a PayGateway.dll file that is required by 3/31/18. The process outlined below is critical to avoid card processing outages beginning on 4/1/18.
- Obtain the Administrator Password.
- Download the zip file.
- Extract CertPayInstall.exe from the file.
- Make sure that Evosus Enterprise is not running on any machine on your network. That means every Evosus Enterprise user must not only log out of the application, but also close the application on the workstation.
- Right click on CertPayInstall.exe and select Run As Administrator. You must run this installer as an administrator.
- The installer runs immediately.
- Click Details to see a list of the files that were installed.
- Click Close when complete.
- Restart the machine. You MUST restart the machine to make the .dll file available.
- Repeat these steps on every machine that you use to process credit card transactions.
- This includes point of sale stations, and every backoffice machine that you use to process mass pay, or card not present transactions.
- For example, if you have a point of sale station where Evosus Enterprise is installed on a workstation, you have to run the installer on that workstation. If you have a single terminal/RDS server where Evosus is installed, you have to run the installer on the terminal/RDS server. If Evosus Enterprise is installed locally on a machine, and that machine is used to process mass pay, then you have to run the installer on that machine.
- You're ready for the change in requirements.
What happens if you get this error message when running the installer?
This error means that the PayGateway.dll file cannot be replaced because it's currently in use.
If you recieve this error when installing the utility, a user is logged into Evosus or Evosus is open on a workstation. You can use windows task manager (left click the windows task bar \ start task manager, click advanced details (or more details) to look at users. You should also look at processes and sort by description to see Evosusretail to confirm where Evosus is open.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback